- Only ASLA members can use the professional designation. The exclusive ASLA credential shows clients and peers a commitment to the highest level of professionalism, which gives individuals an important competitive edge.
- ILASLA members receive reduced rates to continuing education programs and social events.
- There are numerous opportunities for members to network and collaborate with peers, mentors and experts in the field.
- The Chapter website includes a job board that allows members to search for potential employers or employees.
Value of Membership with ILASLA
Education & Enrichment
- All ASLA members receive a subscription to the Landscape Architecture Magazine
- ILASLA hosts numerous education sessions, many of which are free for members.
- Members get free membership to one of ASLA’s Professional Practice Networks annually.
Advocacy & Public Awareness
- ILASLA has a lobbyist that monitors legislation at both the state and national level.
- The Advocacy Committee is currently working to elevate the current Title Act to a Practice Act.
- Members are encouraged to participate in World Landscape Architecture Month every April to continue to educate the general public about the profession.